Join us at Design Walk this Thursday. Upper King Street's longest running, most prestigious, most creative and fun event happens Thursday, April 17 from 5:00 - 8:00 PM. It's sure to be a great night, with six events rolled into one.
1) Art Mecca of Charleston at 427 King Street will feature local photographers Daniella Fishburne and John Chilton, and local painter Austin Grace Smith. They'll have live music while serving complimentary wine and hors d'oeuvres. The Art Mecca of Charleston is a contemporary art gallery that displays 28 different local artists with a diverse range of works and styles that will appeal to the contemporary decorator and collector. Get inspired by local artists and craftsmen this season! 2) Seeking Indigo at 445 King Street has fashion, refreshments and wellness. Stroll their fabulous showroom and gallery while you sample healing treatments and meet some of Charleston's favorite artists and designers.
3) Michael Mitchell at 438 King Street will host an opening reception titled "Two Views of One Horizon" for J.K. Crum and Marissa Vogl. Food, music and wonderful lowcountry-inspired artworks full of love, humor, color, serenity. This is sure to make everyone smile.
4) SieMatic at 444 King Street has remodeled. See their beautiful new kitchen displays while you sample refreshments and spring-themed specialty cocktails sponsored by Cathead Vodka!
5) Ben Ham Images, 416 King Street will host a reception featuring Ben's stunning, beautifully presented photography with collections from the Southwest, Northwest, the Rocky Mountains and, of course, the Lowcountry. His work is collected worldwide. "Isn't that a Ben Ham?" "I sat for hours lost in the reflection of that tree in the water." Join Gallery Director Mercedes Jones for a fun and inspiring evening.
6) Cupcake, 433 King Street will be the sweetest stop on the Spring Design Walk. They'll have a BOGO, buy one cupcake, get one free! Thursday's fabulous flavors include Chocolate Monkey, Coconut, Creamsicle, Death by Chocolate, Black and White, Chocolate, Red Velvet, Vanilla and Vanilla with Chocolate. Yum!
Park at the The Visitor Center, 375 Meeting Street or the Visitor Center Garage on Ann Street. Camden Exchange Garage has entrances on Hutson and on John street via the Hampton Inn. The Marion Square Garage is right next to the Francis Marion Hotel. Valet Parking is available at John Street and Morris from 6:00 p.m. to 12:30 a.m., and there's metered parking on the street.
For more Design Walk Details and Upper King Street news, visit www.upperkingdesigndistrict.com.