The Hidden Countship www.TheHiddenCountship.com
21 Burns Lane
Charleston SC 29401
The Hidden Countship brings Charleston the very best of the “Made in Italy” brand in luxury and interior décor, offering handmade goods crafted in antique artisan traditions with furniture, ceramics, blown glass, marble, wrought iron, fabric, and paper stamping.
- Exquisite hand-cut Como silk ties by Antonella Lemmi
- One-of-a-kind handbags by Anna Cecere
- Jewelry created exclusively by Marco Dominici
- Ceramics from Silvano Dolfi
- Prints on Antique wood by Stefano Ajello
- Masterpiece furniture by Luciano and Matteo Rotini
- Chandeliers by La Fucina del Vetro
The Museum at The Hidden Countship
On the third floor the wooden door from early 16th Century is your entry to three exquisite rooms filled with museum pieces from the Della Porte family in Umbria. Each antique piece had to obtain the authorization by the Italian State that granted a real passport to leave Italian territory where they represent an historical asset. The door itself comes from the church annexed to Rocca d'Aria, the fortress of the Della Porta family in Montone. It is an handcrafted work dated around 1530 that shows a typical decorative element called “bugne a punta di diamante,” or decorating with panels protruding in a shape of diamond.