Have you tried the new Spring Menu at Carolina's? If not, the Chef's Tasting Menu is a great way to sample it.
For $60, enjoy a complete dining experience at Carolina's with five-courses prepared by Chef Jill Mathias (Recently named by the Charleston City Paper as one of "Six Talented Charleston Chefs who Deserve your Love and Devotion"). The Tasting Menu is as follows:
- Crab Cakes with Field Peas, Grilled Radicchio, Shaved Apple, Toasted Almond, Red Onion, and Bacon Vinaigrette.
- Pan Sautéed Flounder with Fingerling Potato Coins, Country Ham, Beech Mushrooms, Frisée, Capers Island Clams, and Scallion Butter.
- Pan Roasted Scallops with Peas, Baby Carrots, Gold Beets, Butter Braised Radish, Local Greens, and Beet Purée.
- Carolina Shrimp & Grits with Anson Mills Stone Ground Grits, Onion, Sweet Peppers and Andouille.
- Pan Roasted Keegan-Filion Chicken with Radish, Haricot Vert, Turnips, Red Onion, Cornbread Croutons, Greens, and Pan Jus Vinaigrette.
- Pot au Feu with Red Wine Braised Short Rib, Fingerling Potato, Root Vegetables, Marrow Toast, and Braising Jus.
- Grilled Hanger Steak with Salt Roasted Smashed Fingerling Potatoes, Charred Tomato Red Onion, Watercress, Capers, Preserved Lemon, and Chimichurri Sauce.